Many businesses, do not see the merit in chalking out their current business process work. They say, well- our staff knows how to do their job, so why waste time and effort to note it down.
There are many merits to conducting your current business process modelling-mapping:
- Clear understanding of how work is currently accomplished.
- Process delays and breaks which were probably over-looked (due to the apparent lack of clarity).
- Pathway to process optimization and quality improvement- to do things better and in a more efficient manner to achieve better results.
- Training materials for new staff.
- Clarity across the organization of how things are handled by 'other' departments.
Any true business process work starts with answering some basic questions:
- Where do you want to go?
- What changes do you want to see happen?
- What progress/accomplishment do you want/need?
Once the end point is decided then one can map out various optimized ways to get from Point A which is your current state of affairs to Point B, which is your expected goal. This then allows for a more optimized business process approach. As they say, if you don't know where you want to go, then any path will take you there. But to figure out where one would like to be, it is imperative that one has a clear understanding of where one currently is. Now that you have defined your current scenario and figured out where you would like to see yourself in a certain defined time-period, then you can start the process improvement and optimization with several proven styles and techniques to get you to your point B with a very structured and efficient method.
Many a times, it is people working together in a seamless manner following a well-defined process and utilizing the most appropriate technology which allows for the best quality outcome.
Sandhya has helped businesses to optimize their current processes and identify gaps and breaks which have prevented them from optimal function. By suggesting solutions and workaround-s, she has helped address those gaps and bring about process efficiency. This has resulted in overall increase in efficiency and productivity along with workforce and customer satisfaction. This has led to an improved bottom-line by better utilizing and leveraging current resources of Human Capital and Technology Systems.